Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bad Mommy

Reason number 2,452 that I am a bad mom: no birthday party.

I don't really think I am a bad mom for not throwing my two year old a big bash. If we had family close by, we certainly would have folks over for dinner and cake, but I felt no need to invite a: my friends or b: Eva's day care friends, when the former are adults and the latter celebrated yesterday over cupcakes. But still, I do feel like we should have done SOMETHING special. I guess we are: We will have cake and presents tonight, and she got to pick a new book at the bookstore this morning. And the phone calls have been coming all day. But maybe I am a bad mom. Oh the self doubt. I supposes angst over this is better than angst over not feeding her or over leaving her home alone while we go out drinking. So it can't be that bad.

In related judgmental parenting news, Bill told me that one of his co-workers was glad he wasn't at home yesterday, since his wife was piercing their one year olds ears. Herself.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

You are not a bad mom. The birthday parties at this age are for the parents. If you feel like doing it great, if not that's ok too. I'm sure Lulu had a great time with the cake and the family.