Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Apologies

I got a personal call from the customer service supervisor at the utility company. He took a full description of the pisser. They've narrowed down the crew and he thinks that the offender will be discovered tomorrow, either through my description or at the team meeting they have called.

This is the third awesome customer experience I have had in the last two weeks. I read a lot about customer service, as I am a marketer and fundraiser. The buzzword is "delight," as in that's what you should do to your customer. the gold standard is that employees at any level should be empowered to delight, without having to go to a supervisor or make a production over it. The other two awesome experiences weren't that ideal, but they were pretty darn good, and since one was at a place not known for service, it was extra impressive.

1. I bought my car on Monday. On Thursday, after dodging downed branches after a windstorm, I arrived at Bebe's day car without one of my hubcaps. I called the dealership and left a message for my salesman (I feel he is mine since we talk a LOT since title hunting for Trixie has been a pain in the ass. But title has been located, deep in heart of Texas DMV. And he's mad it so easy for me.) he called me back and asked me to come in so they could look. he checked it out and said "he'd see what he could do." I had no intention of paying for a hubcap, so I assumed they'd give me one. And they did. When I got him he had left a message saying to swing by and they'd pop one on the next day. (The ideal would have been to give me one when I stopped by, but there was no one in parts, and my salesman wasn't sure if they had one in stock anyway.) Anyway, that was enough to make me recommend that dealership: Garrand's.


2. As part of car buying I needed to fix my drivers license so it called me what everything else calls me (first name, middle name, married last name instead of First Maiden Last.) The supervisor waved the id requirements, took my picture himself, and when we we discovered the computers were down told me he would process the paperwork himself when the computers were back up. He would mail the interim license out when done, and I could keep my old license to use as id (he was supposed to take it.) Of course the computers didn't come back up til the next day, and my new photo was gone from the system due to a nightly purge. He called me at work to let me know. No problem. I went back in, he spotted me at the door. Took me right over to the camera. Took several pictures til I was my most gorgeous, and opened a new window to complete the transaction.

And no one pissed on anything.

No comments: