Thursday, January 1, 2009

Just the three of us...

We've been home alone for almost an hour and Way has been asleep the whole time. Bill is back at work after his two nights off. Which means I have to do Eva's bedtime. I can't quite figure out how that one will work if W is awake around then. The plan is to start her a little early and hope that it gets her in bed by the normal time. Then Way will get his bath.

Anyone have advice on doing dual bedtimes solo? I know it will get worse as Way's bedtime comes to mean something and La Lou moves upstairs. But that will be after ski season in over, so we will tag team more often (though fishing season keeps Bill out late too...) Share your secrets!

On an unrelated front, La Lou ASKED for SECONDS at dinner tonight. Apparently she LOVES roast beef. She told me so!

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Dueling bedtimes are hard in the beginning. I didn't give each kid a bath each night either. I alternated to make things easier. My kids never got sleepy from bath time so I often bathed them during the day (ie nap time for one then the other) I find that the second child is more patient because he has to be. The first gets a dose too. I used the swing or bouncier to entertain while I did bedtime stuff. Sometimes I breastfed while I read. Somehow it works.

Amy said...

I only did bedtime solo once but i do naptime solo daily. I usually put Nina on the boob and read to Nolan, seems to go over well. I also think about what I'll do about bedtime when Chris starts traveling again, and I think I'll take Vicky's advice on alternating bath nights or bathing Nolan with me, maybe, when Nina naps. It's a puzzle for sure...

~Sandy said...

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Hugs, Sandy