Friday, January 2, 2009

Noisy Boy

I have the noisiest baby EVER. He squeaks and glugs when he nurses. He grunts and groans when he's asleep. And he whines and wails when he has gas. But he's not a big crier, so there's that.

Bedtime report: Eva was in bed by nine...just 40 minutes late. Of course we started 40 minutes early...And Waylon was asleep by 9:15. But I made the mistake of staying up til 11 and you know babies can smell weakness, so Way decided to stay awake for 2 hours after his 1 am feeding. Whining and wailing of course!

I need to get out of the house more. It's just SO DAMN COLD! I want to walk. I could put Eva in the stroller and carry Waylon in the Moby if it would just get over 30 degrees. Bill likes to remind me how UNLIKELY that is. But I am counting on January thaw around E's birthday...we've had it for the last 3 years! We have been watching way too much tv. And with Bill working nights I am attempting to keep the volume on E down during his sleeping hours (7 til 2 or 3). It sucks. There's no children's museum close by either. I have a feeling we will be headed to the mall (which is TINY) tomorrow.

We did get out today and drove to Peru to see a Northern Hawk Owl, very rare, that's been hanging out there. Eva was THRILLED because the owl LOOKED at her!

1 comment:

Christa said...

Just caught up to your blog - that post about Lu no longer being an only child touched me. I hope you're hanging in there. I'm thinking of you! Happy New Year!