Saturday, January 10, 2009

Time flies

Where does the day go? With nothing on my calendar I expected the days to drag, but instead they fly by. Probably because I always seem to be running out of time to get things done...naps end too quickly, a peaceful moment of swinging and quiet activity pass by before I can get to finishing the dishes AND sweeping the floor. I know they say to let the housework go, but I am battling mice and we all know that they love to SHIT on things and that can't be "let go." Right now I should be getting the laundry out of the dryer do Waylon can get his pjs on. And I should also be looking for a few spare nursing pads as the box is empty and a leaky night approaches. Instead, I am standing at the counter typing, listening to Waylon grunting in the pack and play and not hearing noise from La Lou's room (we are warily optimistic about getting to bed tonight!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

We have a mouse issue too. Last night it carried 1/2 banana into the (deep) sink, ate the banana, crapped all over my sponge (gag) and climbed out. How the hell do they do it?

Martha said...

We got one last night in a trap and dragged the damn thing around the kitchen for 10 minutes before dying. ICK.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Hope last night went well.