Tuesday, December 30, 2008

On Our Own

My mom headed home this afternoon...but not before I figured how to use the Moby Wrap that I got for Xmas from Bill. I've actually been doing laundry since she left and get this...I HAVE TWO HANDS for typing! We also have a baby bjorn (which Eva loved) and a mei tai, which she loved too but that she was too big for soon after we got it.

Now we'll need to figure out how to do bedtime but I have til Thursday to figure that out since Bill has tonight and tomorrow night off.

In other news, we spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital, getting a scan on my leg. I have a sharp calf pain and that is a red flag post-partum because it can indicate a blood clot. I saw Midwife K and she thought it was probably ok (and so did I) but we couldn't be sure so off to radiology! It turned out to be fine (could be tendonitis) and la Lou was a champ...she was soooo good for Grandma while they waited for me in the three different waiting rooms over the course of 2 hours.

I also managed to have a mini-breakdown in the grocery store AND to breastfeed a man out of a room. The funny thing was that he didn't seem to realize I was nursing until well after the danger of him catching a glimpse of boob had passed. But when he figured it out he skedaddled!!

PS We would love to have visitors!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Let me know how you like the Moby. I bought a hotsling and Nina didn't take to it too well so I returned it. The Moby intimidates me but if it works then I'm all for it!!!