Monday, September 1, 2008

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last night I dreamed that I was away on a business trip and Bill had the baby without me. When I got home he handed me his briefcase and the baby was fast asleep inside. I called the pediatricians office to schedule the first appointment and the receptionist said, "Doctor missed seeing you at the hospital!" So obviously I interpret this as a premonition that I will have an easy labor. And also, the baby was early, and we didn't have a crib or bassinet yet!

When I woke up at 5, E. was crying for the third time of the night. And begging for a popsicle. So I asked her if she wanted to snooze some more with me, and we slept until 8:30. (When I woke from a dream that I was trying to checkout of my room at the Fairmont in New Orleans, but my bed wouldn't fit out the door.)

And yesterday afternoon, Eva stalled on her nap til 2:30 (ripping up papers, reading, throwing toys around) when I offered to nap with her. And we slept until after 5:30. Which ended my plan of heading over to Book Club Mary Lou's pig roast. Which I have missed for the past 4 years.

Today we are headed to the corn maze. I wanted to wait til next weekend, but it is supposed to rain on Saturday and we have book club on Sunday. The weekend after that is a fall festival here in town, and potentially a grandma visit.

And finally, I am working on 4 baby quilts, and am ready to piece the top of the first one, which I want to have done by next sunday. Which means I will be, GULP, machine quilting. Please don't tell my grandma.

No comments: