Saturday, February 23, 2008

Last night in bed Bill and I were talking about fun. He is definitely the fun parent. He can make Lulu screech and laugh and scream like nothing else. His interactions with her are 90% play. Mine are about 30% play. And it's not that he gets out of doing the work and only plays. If anything he does MORE work (we are 50/50 on diaper changes. I give her baths and cook. He makes her breakfast and gets her up. We split dressing her.) I spend more time with her, but only because we drive 40 minutes together in the mornings and again at night. But we can't play then, other than singing and talking. But Bill is way into physical play with her. I enjoy it but then stress over what I should be doing, or how I am missing my chance to read when I don't just let her play by herself. So I end up dragging her back inside, or sneaking off to the kitchen when she runs to her room.

My goal for today is engage in an hour of solid play with her. Whatever she wants to do. But what if she doesn't want me?

1 comment:

Devs said...

how did the playtime go?