Friday, February 22, 2008

I think the full moon, along with the eclipse, has made everyone lose their mind. I honestly was hard pressed to tell the difference between the grown ups and the toddler at day care pick up yesterday, and today was WORSE.

I also hope that bedtime battle will end when the moon wanes (or is it waxes) but since they were here before the full moon I doubt it. Bedtime is the first parenting battle we've waged. Against Eva and against each other. Bill prefers mellow and no crying, no matter how long it takes. I just want it over, even if that means intense crying for a few short minutes. So now we've switched to double teaming. I deal with the bath, the diaper, and the battle ino pjs - if a battle is required. Then Bill takes over for remainder of pj-ing and the stories. Then I hide. No, not really. She doesn't want me for this at all, probably because I make her go to bed. I really should revisit some of the tactics I have read, since I must be doing something wrong with my techniques. Letting her choose pjs doesn't really work. Letting her choose a book means a chase around the house.

No comments: