Saturday, December 1, 2007

Winter is here. We are expecting 8 to 14 inches of snow before Tuesday and tonight I hear the low will be in the single digits. I like the winter but for two things: the feeling I get just before my car starts, when if just kind of gropes for some energy, and the fear with which I sometimes listen to our furnace. I realize that those two things together translate to not liking cold weather at all...but I do like the winter. I've just lived in cold places enought to know it costs much more than the summer does!

This afternoon we headed over to a picturesque little lakeside village for their Christmas celebration. Unfortunately, we got a late and napless start on the afternoon, so the presence of the ticking time bomb known as Bebe Lulu sort of dampened the festivities. We ended up only going to the afternoon carol sing along at the Masonic Hall. Bebe got right into it, tapping her toe, then humming, then rushing the stage and performing for the crowd. I'm such a stage mother. I feel better when the crowd for which Eva is performing includes a good number of parents, since I hope thay can nderstand that wrestling her back to her seat wuld cause much more ruckus than allowing her to conduct the music. From the stage.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Nice to "see" you back!

I feel the same way as you about the winter. After living for 5+ years in the south, I am ready for the snow. I am jealous at your totals though...only an inch for us. :(

Enjoy!