Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How's Trix?

Trixie's days are numbered. I will miss her, of course, but it will be nice to not lose sleep over her health on a regular basis.

We've been through a lot together, my car and me. We spent long days driving around the Hill Country with a boy we thought we liked. We took the long way home through the fancy neighborhoods. She took me too work at my first real job. And my second. And my third. We went halfway across the country with a dad and a dog. I made her sleep in a public lot, where she was often plastered with parking tickets. She brought me to Bill every weekend. She carried me and a dog and everything but a vaccuum cleaner to my new home with Bill. She survivived hot summers and cold winters and that guy who backed into my in the library parking lot. She needed new brakes and new brakes and new exhaust and new belts and then her airconditioning started to crap out. She's eight and she has 178,000 miles. And I will driving even more in the next year and the contortions involved in a two year old and a two door car are getting to be too much. And she's due for new belts again. And her catalytic converter is going (just 12 days after she passed inspection, trusty girl that she is!)

And so I begin the process of finding her a new home and finding me a new car. Let's break it to her slow, please.

No comments: