Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A quiet Christmas Day here at Chez Lulu. The princess is napping and Daddy is at work. I've mopped the floor, washed the bath mats, baked a pecan pie and am figuring out when the ham needs to go in the oven. We got up at 6 so we could unwrap gifts before Bill left for work at 7:30, and will eat dinner when he gets home in a couple of hours. I'm listening to Christmas music and trying to figure out which Christmas it was when we went where and did what.

My mom and I were talking about this very confusion this morning. And Bill mentioned the Christmas we were snowed in in White Plains. Which was actually a President's Day Weekend. The year the furnace died on Christmas Eve eve... was that the year we were married? And did Bill go off shore that winter? Or was that the New Years' I spent sick on my mother-in-law's couch? And it wasn't last year I was pregnant, was it? No, that was the year before. (Two years ago? Seriously?)

Never mind, it's all Christmas and this is a quiet and sweet one. My Dad comes tomorrow.

No comments: