Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 7

So I am now entering Couch to 5k week 7. The first week of all workouts being all running. And it makes me think: what should I be thinking about while I am running?

Since I mostly run inside on a 1/11 of a mile track, I certainly can't think about the landscape. Though on Fridays, I can enjoy looking down on the play group in the gym and this week a friend's 18 month old kept yelling to me and watching. But in general, landscape is out. If I think about my body I get too bogged down in being tired, or out of breathe. I suppose I should look for what feels strong. Other times, I just focus on distance (but never time.) And sadly, I spend a lot of tme thinking about work, But I will say that that kind of thinking often finds me distracted from the running for a lap or so...

I' ve just started reading about running as moving meditation...can you imagine? I could totally be killing two birds here..physical and mental fitness, all at once!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I totally plan my day/week when I run. I enjoy music as a distraction too. I went jogging on a treadmill last week. I can run so much further when not pushing kids and the ground is flat.

Laura Hooker said...

Music,Music Music! I can not stand the sound of my feet, or my breathing while I am walking, so I am a slave to my Zune!