Thursday, September 3, 2009

Going Postal

Oh yes, I did pick the cheesiest post title ever.

Here's comes a post worthy of the Wilmington Warbler...

My local post office stinks. (If you are reading this USPS my zip code is 12997) When Bill is in Alaska it is now NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to get my mail on other than a Saturday. And yes, I will be out of town on a few Saturdays. We have a box and were told we couldn't get our mail delivered, though other people around town seem to be allowed that option. The post office itself opens at 8am...if the postmistress decides to unlock on time.

But the window doesn't open til 8:30 half the days and 9:30 on the other half. I work at 8:30. Used to be the window was open at 8am and I could work 9 til 5 on the days I came in late after getting the mail. No more! If I wait til 8:30 to be leaving town I won't be at work til 9:30 and that means staying til 5:30 which means we get home at 7. And that wis only if the window is actually open on time...

And why do I need the window? Because I can only get there once per week and of course by that time the mail won't FIT in our box. So am I supposed to buy a bigger box just because SOMEONE decided to open later?

The only saving grace is that Sue works on Saturdays and I LOVE SUE. Otherwise I would....well, I don't know, since I need to get mail and have no other options!

1 comment:

Laura Hooker said...

Hang in there! Hey give me a key and I can pick it up for you!!!! I mean it!!!! I love Sue also!!!