Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This Week

Well, we have made it more than halfway through my first week at work. I already am feeling in the groove when I am in the office. Too bad I feel so out of it the rest of time! I now must get up at 5:30 in order to get out the door by 7:15, so we can get to the sitter's house by 8 to have time to nurse, so I can get to work 5 minutes early to do a spit up check. The first day Waylon spit up at 7:12 and we didn't get out til 7:25. Then I leaked all over myself during the day care nursing session. Then he spit up on my sleeve. My sitter gave me a spare shirt in case I started to smell like rotten milk by lunchtime, but I made it through the day (and made sure my cardigan was always closed!)

Tuesday was much smoother.

The evening is just as busy. Thank GOD Bill is not working and can make dinner for us to eat when we get home at 6. (Yes, it is nearly an 11 hour day.) Then Waylon only wants to be nursed and held by ME until he falls asleep at 9 or 10. And he's up at 2, usually, to nurse. I just let him stay in bed with us til 5:30. But I sure would like it better if we could see more 4am, or even 5am, wakeups. He did it a few times when I was on leave...Even if I go to bed 5 minutes after he does, I am still not prepared to wake to feed. This morning I heard him crying for a while, and half asleep, wondered why Eva sounded different.

But overall we have done okay.

My sitter had a rough day today, though. He napped very little and cried a lot. Is it totally wrong that I hope this means he will sleep well tonight?

2 comments:

Laura Hooker said...

Man...I do not miss those days! As much as I treasure the days snuggling, and raising a baby...I forgot how tiring it could be! Hope things go smoothly! Laura

Vicky said...

Hope things get easier. And yes it is ok to hope he sleeps well tonight.