Friday, February 20, 2009

Back to Work

I am going back to work on Monday and I am pretty happy about that. As I've written before, I love my job. It is something that makes a real difference in my community, and it is something I am deeply passionate about. (see my post on contraception for evidence...)

My organization is in the midst of a huge and exciting change and I've been feeling out of the loop and can't wait to get in on the excitement. There's a big meeting with our Board tomorrow that I was excited to attend. Bill and I had an elaborate plan for him and the kids while I was in the 6 and half hour meeting.

And then Waylon went and got sick. I've spent the last few days trying to figure out whether or not I would be able to go to the meeting. Finally Bill sat me down and explained why I wasn't going to go. I feel horrible about it, and like the worst employee in the world calling my boss to tell her. Why? It doesn't even really make sense to feel bad, seeing as I am on leave until Monday...But there it was...the godawful working mom guilt. Worse than ever.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Mommy guilt is powerful stuff. Hope he feels better soon.