Saturday, May 31, 2008

Serendipity

On Thursday I was at a seminar on building effective non-profit boards. I've only ever been on the business end of the board meeting, never as a board member. The more I listened at this meeting the more I found myself longing to be part of a board. That very night I went to a meeting of a group I have been peripherally involved with for the past year (they are working on a community center for our town.) As part of that meeting, we talked about a new project, a museum. The focus on the museum is something I am passionate about-both because it's something I enjoy, and because it pays approximately one sixth of our bills. Fly fishing. And they are building a first board. And I have much needed PR and development experience. HA!

Funny how things come together...

No comments: