Saturday, May 10, 2008

This morning, Bebe Lulu and I were talking about names. Hers, mine, Daddy's. She's knows his is Bill, but she seemed very surprised at my name. I thought she would forget it, but after her "nap" (no sleeping involved) she called "Mommy Martha! Mommy Martha!" Only she can't say Martha, so she says Mars-ah.

We had one of those days you can't have when you are experiencing morning sickness or when it a month ending in R (or H or L, for that matter.) We went into Plattsburgh and bought a new vacuum. Yes. The Dyson. And I regretted it for about 10 minutes. Then I checked all the filters and connection and the plate on the bottom and now I LOVE it. (I was also looking at the Kenmore Progressive, but those have filters to change and, in some models, bags to buy. I won't do either, so I picked the Dyson (cheapest one, on sale). Then we went to the Low*s and bought dirt. Then to the Farmer's Market. And bought cookies. Then home for the "nap". Then off to Mac's for soft serve. (The Baby cone is the size of my thumb, and PERFECT.) Then to the nursery for more dirt and compost.

We are exhausted.

1 comment:

Labrdors said...

We always called our parents by their first names. Older brother taught us that (I can picture him pointing to them and telling us which was which). Cannot imaging calling my father anything else, but was embarrassed about my mother when I was in school so called her motherly names. I liked using their names, though. You could be Momartha and he could be Pabill. or Marthom and Billda. Or M & B. or mommy & daddy.
Oh yeah--the private parts thing--we always had to use proper names, but we also talked about condoms at the dinner table as children. As an adult I say "hoo-hoo" and have a friend who says "hoochamagoochie." So keep me away from Lulu.