Monday, May 26, 2008

I have been seriously ravenous all day long. Now that I am feeling better, I am attempting to eat better and more healthfully, but I still run for the nutella on white at least once a day. My other craving is veggie Subway subs (the works, jalapenos, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper on Italian herb and cheese) I could eat one every single damn day. Oh and Cokes and root beer are also irresistible, so I bought the tiny cans for myself.

We had a classic Stahl day in the Adirondacks yesterday: canoeing on Black Pond with sandwiches from Saranac Sourdough (muffaletta for me, don't tell the NO LUNCH MEAT police), root beer (of course) and two servings of their chickpea salad. I caught a fish (lovely brook trout, not eaten). We looked for flowers in the woods, and Lulu gave a lean-to magic show. Then we did a classic drive the longest way home possible (with those all veggie chips with the flying pigs): through Onchiota and Rainbow Lake and past Kushaqua and Mud Pond, and with side trip to visit Bill's friend who seems to own all of that part of the Adirondacks. Lulu had a ball with his dogs. Then home via Alder Brook (tomato basil salad with lots of vinegar and red onion), Union Falls, and Silver Lake. I took no pictures, but if you want to see that area, I refer you to Woodsrun (link to left.) She takes much better pictures of that area than I could! Home to eat the second half of Lulu's turkey sandwich and walk to Whitebrook Dairy Bar for ice cream (mint chip).

Damn, I'm hungry and I ate not an hour ago.

No comments: