Saturday, August 29, 2009

Running Scared

So as I mentioned, I started running again on vacation and I was stressing over how I would continue once Bill was in Alaska and then when winter arrives. And I had that moment of inspiration where I remember that the Burgh has a city gym with a track and that I can join as a non-resident. So I did. And I had my first run there yesterday after work. And let me tell you, this place could really inspire a sprint.

So the gym was part of the Air Force Base...either that or it dates back the War of 1812. It is an old brick building with a basketball court with the track above on the main level and weight rooms below (also racquetball courts...that has always seemed fun.) The locker rooms are on the lower level with weight room. Well, the MEN'S locker room is. The Woman's locker room is in the basement. Imagine the scariest horror movie gym locker room set ever and you understand what I am talking about. There are showers and a sauna. Like I will ever dare get in the sauna. Because clearly the creak of the door and the hiss of the steam is what summons the serial killer.

I was already dressed when I arrived yesterday, because I wanted to scope the place out. Plus I need to a combination lock for my locker, or to use in defending myself from the killer. See you on Tuesday, Killer!*

*And actually, Killer, if you make me sprint from the basement up to the track, I won't have to really warm up, so that would be ok.

1 comment:

Laura Hooker said...

OK...please write more...YOU MAKE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!