Monday, June 22, 2009


At this very moment I am feeling just about the exact opposite of how Eva looks in this picture. I am so not ready to go anywhere. Today was pretty much the longest day ever and involved a lot of stress, a lot of running around, and a lot of pain. Luckily for me, I was spared the pain. But poor Bill is in bed with an ice pack on his crotch, sleeping the sleep of narcotics. And in a few short months my days of responsibility for birth control are OVER. So I think the day was worth it.

But I want to go to bed and I just can't face waking him, moving him and getting him resettled. So maybe I will sleep on the couch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, actually it is the longest day or almost during the year. Bill will survive. Best thing he could have done for you both!
The picture of Eva is the best ever. I just love it, even better than her sleeping in the car seat. Wonderful!

Oh, I also almost died laughing at he card. One of the funniest ever.
And the advice I have been giving several friends whose teenage daughters have just gotten their licenses? Go to sleep. In the car. While she is driving. It is the only way to survive and give the new driver confidence. (Remember when you first got your license Martha?
DAD

Zoe said...

Happy Belated V-Day! It really is the most romantic gift you can get from your man. And it's way fun.