Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Everytime I go to blog someone starts to cry.

And while I can cure most of Waylon's crying with the boob, it is hard to type one handed. Which reminds me of what I wanted to blog about...

I have about a weeks worth of breast milk in my freezer. And I am only now, almost three months in, convinced that my supply is not going to be a problem like it was with Eva. I pump more than he can eat at daycare, a full 4 to 5 ozs more. Part of this is that when I drop him off I feed him and that holds him til noon, so he only has time for two bottles during the day care day. But with Eva, one session would hold her an hour or two,at most, so we supplemented. She was well into half formula feedings by three months.

I've also become bolder in my public nursing, thanks to experience and the Moby Wrap. I share a list of were I have nursed him thus far...

at the mall
in the grocery store - while still shopping
on the exam table at my doctor's office. during a pap smear.
in the Saranac Lake ice palace
on the side of Main Street in SL watching a parade
while hiking
in countless restaurants
in my office
in the conference room at work while meeting with a co-worker
during conference calls
on the ski slopes at whiteface (I was NOT on skis)
while writing this blog post.

2 comments:

Laura Hooker said...

Martha...congrats on your boldness! You have to do what you have to do!

Anonymous said...

I was very proud of your mother for her dedication to breast feeding, which was, if I remember, harder with J than with you, in part due to his week at the intensive care nursery in Springfield.
And I am proud of you. Very proud indeed.

Dad