Monday, August 4, 2008

What's my number?

Here I am in Minneapolis for a conference (an awesome conference, so far, by the way) on fundraising. My hotel room is huge and my bed is about as wide as our whole bedroom at home. All last week I was excited about this, as the hotel promised the famous sleep number bed. Yesterday afternoon I spent half and hour exploring the possibilities of 5 to 75. I settled on 15, which is a cotton ball as compared to my plywood at home. Let me tell you that my sleep number is NOT 15. Will readjust tonight and report back. But I can see how this could lead to a whole new level of obsessions...as if there is some magic number that is correct and if I land on it, I won't have a disturbing dream involving a knife fight, I won't wake up feeling like I am carrying around a 7 extra pounds, my back won't be stiff and I will be ready to run a marathon.

It could happen. Tonight I try 35.

No comments: