Thursday, March 6, 2008

Grabs ya by the ears

I sit here tonight on my coach, sipping a nice zinfandel, and awaiting Lost. If you are a philistine like I used to be, you might picture me drinking pink wine. But oh no. I have learned the true nature of the the zin, thanks to last friday's wine tasting (a benefit for my employer and a benefit OF my job, getting to go to parties for PAY.) One of our Board members introduced the zin we tasted by saying, "This one just grabs ya by the ears!" And that's when I realized that grabbing me by the ears is my red wine standard of excellence. There's probably some technical name for this that Californians and city folk know, but for me, that is good enough.

Which leads me to a totally unrelated except for on the level of consumption thought. My doc says I have IBS and so I have been going to Dr.Google and found a list of what I should not eat and on it...everything I love. Cheese, wine, whole wheat, beans, like every fruit, red meat, fat of all kinds. Basically I am supposed to be eating fiber supplements, water, rice and carrots. Oh, and chicken. Come on! So it begs the question: pained, miserable and never too far from a bathroom? Or satisfied? What would Jesus Do?

No comments: