Monday, November 12, 2007

There's probably no sound as piercing to me as Bebe Lulu's blood curdling screams when she's pissed off. Right now she's in her crib in her room calling me, then Daddy, then me again. I'm ignoring her because I am a cruel and heartless mother. Well, I suppose that's what she thinks. Really, I just know she needs a nap that's not chemically induced-she has one of those earier today.

Bebe Lulu had her third surgery in 3 months this morning: 1. removal of thyroglossal duct cyst 2. removal of paper from nose 3. repair of infected incision from #1. Each visit to the OR has gotten easier, or I've gotten smarter. For instance we've gone from wagon ride to OR from prep room, to wagon pulled behind carry, to ride on stretcher bed with mom. This last was definitely easier. We've graduating from not even letter versed dose with in five yards, to out right refusal of versed, to giving versed to monkey before slurping it down. Again, why didn't we think of that before?

The screaming has stopped. I pray for a nap long enough for me to check emails for work, read various blogs, throw clothes in the drier, clean up dishes, sweep my office/craft room, reorganize storage room. In other words, a miracle.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Welcome back!! You've been missed!