Friday, November 16, 2007

The Ten Things First

Yesterday I was a meeting of other local fundraisers. We all went around the table and shared news, ideas, plans. One my colleagues suggested the completely unoriginal but incredibly true idea that if you do the 10 most important but avoided things on your list before you do ANYTHING else you will see an incredible impact on your bottom line, which in our business is your fundraising goal for the year. I ventured that if I actually wrote those things down it would have an incredible impact on my need for a vacation.

I can't get into what my ten work things would be, but I can tell you what my ten home things would be (I had to exclude things that require more than $100 to do.)

1. Clean out my closet - keep, mend or clean, throw away, give away
2. Decide which books to sell on half.com and actually like, you know, list them
3. Organize the storage room I never got to on bebe's last surgery day because her nap lasted 30 minutes
4. Come up with six more things that are not organize six other rooms, which is truly what I need to do but is incredibly boring.

No comments: