Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Return to Sender


The sound you heard at 6:17 this evening was my head exploding.

My back is much worse than it was even 24 hours ago and my appointment with the chiropractor is still more than 24 hours away. The pain began as mid back muscles spasms, but now includes searing neck stabs, tingling legs and general stiffness. At one point today I realized I could be mistaken for the hunchback of Notre Dame in profile. The level of irritation at this, when combined with the arrival of three poorly fitting/poorly made dresses I order more than a week ago and with Bebe Lulu's evening opera performance/hunger strike were enough to send me over the edge. But when we found out we couldn't get take out from Stein's for dinner? The end.

I can get over all the rest, but I am holding a grudge over the clothing. There's truly no place for me to shop here. We don't have a real g*ap, just an outlet where size is meaningless from one pair of jeans to the next. Another popular store seems to hide the cute well-made clothes when I come in. Everyone else seems to get lucky there...I find shit. I am too old, too busty, and too bellied for 3/4 of the stores in the mall and I don't like hippie clothes or mom jeans or appliqued sweaters enough for the other 1/4. So basically I am left with TJ Maxx and no time to properly browse the racks there. So I've been ordering clothes. Any favorite sites to direct me to?

It will probably be another week before I can move enough to try on clothes anyway, so slow shipping is not a problem. If only I could accesrize like Bebe Lulu.

No comments: