Monday, April 6, 2009

Not too complain, but...

Three and a half months, not too soon to be sleeping through the night, but not by any means time to expect it. So I shouldn't complain that Waylon is still waking up numerous times. But I am gonna. Because I am bleary eyed and getting a little depressed and I know it is due to lack 'o sleep.

He falls asleep between 9 and 9:30 after a nice bath and cuddling and nursing. And he sleeps for 3 or 4 hours. We nurse in bed. He wakes me up an hour or two later for seconds. Then he is back to the bassinet til 6 or 6:30. That time between 1 and 2am is tricky. I am too tired to stay awake, but I don't sleep deeply with him at my side. If I put him back in the bassinet he is up again in an hour or 2 anyway.

Now I know we have been lucky lately, in that he goes back to sleep very fast after eating, knock wood!

I know also that I just need to give it time. But I am starting to feel drained.

2 comments:

Laura Hooker said...

Martha...I totally remember that feeling, but I took the easy way out~ I would sleep with Sam and basically with no shirt on so that he could nurse whenever he liked and I could sleep. I did the old side lying nursing thing and it worked great because I got to sleep and he got to eat and both participants were happy clams! I hope that things get easier for you. Good luck! Laura

Amy said...

As I type this Nina is crying on and off with those terrible post cry sobs. We too are in the gray zone, and when we do get a full night of sleep it makes the next crappy night, well...crappier.