Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tongue Tied

I have so much to say, and Bill's not home and I can't really blog about it, and I have nothing else to say.

Except this. Why does my house smell so damp? It has rained a lot the last few days, but this smell happens every summer. I can only assume it is rotting out from under us. (Over us we knew about, so that's ok.) We have lots of talks about what we should do about this house. We own it completely. No mortgage. And it needs work. And we talk about selling our other property to do that work. But we always get stuck on a few things: what do with us and stuff while we renovate, and whether or not we should just sell it (and we would probably get 3 times what Bill paid for it, even in this economy) or tear it down completely. But yet. I love this house. With it's seven tiny bedrooms. And no tub. And three half assed closets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always live in my house--I have a whole upstairs built for a family--2 bedrooms, bathroom, living room. You'd have to plumb it for a kitchen sink and provide your own stove & fridge. We'd need to get rid of stuff--yours or mine. We'd become intimately familiar with each other's comings & goings. hmmmm... and you'd get to know my animals verrrry well.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah--my house smells as if it's rotting from the bottom up, too. I refuse to believe that's true. I like to think it hasn't changed its socks in a long, long time. I like less that I have animals living in the walls.