Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thanks for all the congrats! We are so excited.

I'm at the famished stage, where all I want to do is eat. But I've only had one McDonald's product yet, an Egg McMuffin which I could not resist. and by this time with Lulu I was getting a cheeseburger and coke everyday on the way home. And then eating dinner. But since I didn't gain much til the last half of the pregnancy, I don't blame that for my 65 lbs gained.

Plus today was the first day it was nice enough to take a power stroller walk after dinner, followed by a premature but not totally disappointing "flower walk"* in the back yard. My irises have new growth, and thanks to my aunt's advice about planiting them really shallow, they might bloom this year. My alium is up, and my day lilies almost all are showing green tips. ANd there are a few new leaves on the Lady's Mantle.

*A flower walk, so named by the same Aunt for the evening stroll almost every gardener makes to check things out, is best conducted with a glass of wine. But Eva did try to share her BPA-free sippy cup of milk with me, so that was ok.

1 comment:

Labrdors said...

That thing about the irises was news to me last year, too. Duh.