Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Princess HeyYahHeyYah


I have a three and a half year old girl, and that means princesses. How did this happen? In addition, her favorite color is pink and she has ideas about what boys can do and what girls can do. I tried to avoid this, but I guess if I really cared I would have banned tv. And music. And movies. And contact with other kids (and with adults) And the receiving of gifts. And about a sixth of the books we have.

But she wants to wear that pink to go hunting and fishing. And she wants to be president, a fire fighter, a dancer, a doctor AND a nurse, and HeyYah!HeyYah!er (also known as a marial arts expert.) And my favorite story she ever asked me to tell was this..."Mommy tell me they story where I was the princess and Daddy was the king and there was a dragon and I rescued Daddy from the castle."

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Yeah it is hard to avoid the princess thing but I love her favorite story.