Sunday, November 23, 2008

Home Alone!

I love when I get to be home alone for even a short while! Yesterday afternoon E., Bill's mom, arrived. She's here for Thanksgiving, until Friday, after which she will be here 'til the baby comes. E. is great. She and Bill took the Lu to P'burgh grocery shopping. She loves to launder and organize. And she is saving our butts this week, as my day care provider called this morning to say she has to be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, in addition to Friday, and I am working all of those days.

I have three more weeks of work left. Which is SOOOO long, and also not nearly enough time. I have developed an annoying and painful, but harmless, pregnancy symptom that I was lucky to avoid with the Lulu. What a pain in the, ahem, ass! And I feel totally unprepared.

So in my time alone, I am completing the quilt for my friend Z's boy twin. (The girl's has been done for a few weeks.) And the twins arrived last Saturday, so I have some motivation. Z and I shared a due date. And the twins are home home home. Very lucky!

I've also backed some cookies and cleared off the kitchen table, a little. I don't want to waste my precious time alone!

No comments: