Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Space

I've been doing a little reclamation over the last week. More than two years ago I converted one of our five upstairs bedrooms into an office/craft room/female guest guest room. And slowly the room has morphed into a hellish pit of clutter and crap. I preparation for Thanksgiving, I decided to turn it around so the mothers can have a nice room again and we can have a place to keep the printer and all our paperwork. Since the room has one of the four closets in our house, the purchase of some plastic bins has realy helped the situation.

Beyond the practical uses of the room, it has a bigger purpose- it is the one room in our house that is all mine. I can decorate it how I want, arrange it how I want and be in it ALONE if I want. Bill and I each have a room like that. Even if I hardly ever use it, the fact that it is there is what matters the most.

The next step in Thanksgiving guest prep is to move all our crap (outgrown baby items, out of season clothes, etc etc) from one upstairs bedroom to another, so we can organize the crap and free up a nicer room for the second mother to arrive (the first gets my room).

Alas, I have been derailed by back spasms.

No comments: